I redesigned my website! Yay for HTML and Graphic Design! :)

Woohoo! I feel so accomplished!

It took two days of hard work, but I managed to do a complete overhaul of my website! Yay!

I had a lot of fun doing it, too. And there's a lot more I want to do with it, so you'll be seeing lots more changes soon.

I've always been a computer nerd, to be honest. When I was a kid, I taught myself HTML just for fun. Heh. Then I took some Computer Science classes at Wellesley and started my own web design business.



The most fun part of designing is the freedom. That's why I don't really do it for money anymore. People want things the way they want them, period(t).

I was so spoiled in the beginning, because most of my clients let me do whatever I wanted and they always loved it.

Things like that never last. People want you to redo designs over and over again (for free, mind you), and that is why I only do it for myself now. :)

That took a turn! Haha, but the whole point of blogging is to be real.

It has been a weird road with this whole "public persona" business. I've taken so many classes and read so many books, blogs, and such, which mostly encourage you to be... well... kind of plastic.



Even in classes at SAG-AFTRA, I've been told not to post anything political on social media for fear of turning an advertiser against you and missing out on commercial work.

But aren't all the people who make history the most outspoken? The most real?

That's how I want to be. Like I said yesterday, everything old is new again.

Only the OG Crabble Fam remember my LiveJournals...

Oh, crab, were those the days!

I said whatever I wanted with no thought of repercussions!

I keep thinking I should go back and "scrub" my Twitter and such, but I don't really want to. I like my past. I'm actually quite a nostalgic person.

So, yes! I'm going to take a page from my old book and start saying and doing what I want more freely! Down with censorship-- especially self-imposed censorship!

What do you think? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Money Online from Home without Paying Anything by Taking Surveys on Your Phone or Computer! Quick, Easy Cash -- "Work" from Home During the 2020 Quarantine Like Me! :)

Reality Bites, New Sketch, and Dealing with Haters